Follow by Email

Monday, June 21, 2010

I'm Home!!!

Que Daughtery's 'I'm Going Home" song because I have finally made it back home after weeks of being in the hospital and it feels so good. I'm so happy to be reunited with my bed and my shower and my apartment. Each day I begged the nurses and docs to tell me when I could leave...no one could make me any promises, but I knew today would be the day.

The hospital is supposed to be peaceful, but they don't let you get a lot of rest since they are consistently waking you up to take your vitals and blood pressure. Plus they are dosing you with various meds throughout the day. So I never felt like I really rested there. I'm not gonna lie, it was hard...the hardest thing that I've ever had to deal with, but I'm so thrilled to say that its over.

I was so fortunate to have my family and friends come visit me and send cards to let me know they were thinking about me. It meant so much to me to be supported throughout this somewhat lonely process.

Of course there will be lots of checkups over the next few months and I'm definitely not up to par yet...there will be a long road of recovery for me but I'm just looking forward to the future!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!! Congratulations on getting through it and welcome back home! May you continue to get stronger and healthier every day!

    Best,

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete