Follow by Email

Friday, June 4, 2010

Finding something good in today

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day. ~Author Unknown

My wedding planner Heather sent me this quote this morning and it rings so true. I am finally in the hospital for my transplant after months and months of stressing out about it, it is here. Now it's definitely not fun, but I tried to bring things with me that would make the experience a little better. I'm in a private room with my radio, ipod, computer, tons of books, aromatherapy diffusers and blankets made especially for me (thanks Aunt Claire and Mrs. Cooks!). And of course Ross and my mom are here with me. My dad and perhaps my little brother Garrett are coming next week.

So what's bad about today? I'm hooked up to an IV with chemo dripping into my body as I type. I'm stuck in the hospital for at least 3 weeks and this is only Day 2.

But what's good? I don't feel sick (yet...check back with me in a few days), I put on my makeup, a cute outfit and currently I am sitting in a chair up and alert instead of lying in the bed.

Plus today is my wedding day! Well, kinda. One year from today Ross and I will be getting married--June 4, 2011. It's hard to believe that it's only a year away, especially when I'm stuck in this hospital. But going through this now will make that day even more special and I can't wait for it to get here.

I know that I won't continue to feel as good as I feel now, but I hope that even on my worst days I can find one little tiny morsel of goodness. Thanks Heather for the inspiration!

6 comments:

  1. Morgan-I asked your mommie to send me your blog address-she warned me to be ready with the kleenex and I am a softie at heart. But, what happened was so very uplifting! I didn't feel sad, I learned that you are a strong women, raised by wonderful parents who taught you how to deal with life situations and you have a very special man waiting to marry you. No one should have to go through what you are experiencing at this young age. You didn't choose it, no one picked it for you. I keep trying to understand why bad things happen and I am convinced that these things are random and how we respond says a lot about who we are. God is with you along with all those who know you and love you and I look forward to dancing at your wedding! Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. My darling daughter, you are such a such a good writer. Thanks for sharing your experiences in such an authentic way that will help others who face a similar diagnosis. We love you so much and know you are going to be completely healthy soon.
    Mommie and Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Morgan!
    Randomly came across your blog, as I'm also starting new treatment this thursday as my hodgkin's reccurred, and will have stem cell transplant after that.. but your blog has not only given me an insight as to what it'll be like, but also really inspired me. thinking of you kid, and hopefully it'll all go well!! stay strong. love natasha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Morgan, I think of you so often and want you to know how impressed I am with your grace and spirit under this stress. I know something about the challenges of weeks on end in hospitals (which your Mom can share with you). As you said, it is something you experience very differently than all those who love you; your ability to express the pain and the hope of this fight for life is amazing. Thank you for writing the blog...it is a gift to all who read it. Hugs from Claire L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hold on to that quote.....it's so true. Do you know how beautiful of a bride you're gonna be??!?!! keep that faith girlfriend!! You are sooooo strong and encouraging to all of us. Can't wait to hug your neck in July =)))) Heather

    ReplyDelete