Follow by Email

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dear Cancer...

I work in advertising so I try not be swayed by the advertising I see in magazines, TV or online (lol, I think I'm too smart to fall for it!) but I saw this ad in a magazine for a cancer center that really spoke to me. The ad was simple, it was a letter to cancer from a cancer patient, basically telling cancer to get the hell out of his life. He was done and ready to say goodbye.

I saw this ad and thought, "Me too! I want to tell cancer to get out of my life too!". So I decided to write my own letter to cancer...words have power and by putting it out there, I feel more powerful and ready to fight cancer.

Dear cancer,

I hate you. You have come into my life unexpectedly and turned it upside down. You've caused me to question my future, question my body and question my spirit. I didn't know how hard life could be, how much pain and anguish it could bring until you came into my life and changed everything for me.

You make me sick. Emotionally, spiritually and most of all physically. You've made me feel like crap for days on end and leave me in tears and distress, and it's not fair what you've put me through. But I dealt with your abuse for 6 months. And then, when I thought you were on your way out of my life, you came back; stronger than ever and tried to hold me down. Well guess what? I'm not going to take this lying down. I want you out of my life for GOOD. I have an army of doctors and drugs and I will fight you to YOUR death. So don't worry about what I will do when you're gone, I will be happy and healthy and never look back.

Yeah, I've learned some important lessons from from having you in my life, I will be stronger than ever before after you are gone, but that doesn't mean that I thank you for being in my life. I will do anything in my power to make sure you leave my life forever. So GET OUT, and STAY OUT.

-Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment