Follow by Email

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

One Week Later

It's been one week since my last chemo and I have to say I'm anxious to get back to myself. I know it will take time but I sort of want to push a fast forward button to get to the time in my life where I don't think about cancer everyday and I look in the mirror and don't see someone with cancer. I know, I know, it's only been one week, but I am sooo ready to feel better!

My parents were in town to celebrate the end of chemo, so it was nice to have them in NYC to help end this part of my treatment. My nausea has passed and I hope to never have that yucky, chemo feeling again. I get "phantom nausea" every once and a while, but I've heard that the body forgets so hopefully soon it will be a faint memory.

This "transition" phase, as I've begun to refer to it, will be interesting. I'm trying to give myself a break, but now I feel like this is the time to rebuild myself emotionally and physically. I know one thing, I need a vacation after all of this! A little fun in the sun, a getaway from it all...I'm going to see if I can make that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment