Follow by Email

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year


The holidays just make me happy. I love this time of the year with all of the decorations, the parties, the presents and the food! Christmas was extra special this year as my family once again gathered together to pray and recognize what we were so grateful for. Whew, it has been one hell of a year for us. I came home to Charlotte the day before Christmas Eve and it's been really nice to get away from freezing cold NYC. We were pretty relaxed on Christmas day this year, it rained almost all day, so my parents, my brother and our little dog Missy stayed in and lounged around, doing nothing. Love those days! I also had a chance to catch up with friends from high school and college, making my rounds around town.


I'm home for a week and a half which is the longest I've been home since college, so I'm soaking up everything. Ross came to Charlotte yesterday after spending Christmas in Chicago with his family and today we had our first wedding venue site visits! Ross laughed because I told him I was anxious about it, since starting to look at venues means that the process is really starting and my stress level might be rising. I'm excited and overwhelmed at the same time. It's a lot to think about but thank goodness we have a lot of time to plan. In the meantime I've been showing off my ring to everyone in Charlotte so that's always fun.


When I get back to New York on Tuesday, I start my last cycle (part 1 of number 6)!! I absolutely cannot wait to get this over with. I had to switch the arm I was getting chemo in because the veins in my left arm started to tire out and the veins were leaving brown stain marks on my arms. So I started getting the drugs put into my right arm but now both arms throb occasionally so I think my body is as ready as my brain to hurry up and finish. I can't believe a month from now I will be done, what an amazing feeling that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment